Join the team
Travel Places, based in Worthing West Sussex, specialises in providing travel solutions for major sporting events around the world. For the past thirty years we have delivered top class travel arrangements for teams, associated personnel and the media for sports as wide ranging as Formula One®, The Ryder Cup, the America's Cup and more recently the Commonwealth Games and Football World Cup.
From time to time we have vacancies available throughout all levels of our company. We are always keen to receive CV's from people interested in joining our organisation. Whether you have travel experience or are new to the industry and looking for a new challenge, you could still be an appropriate candidate for the role.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to Becky Thomas.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is eager to develop their career in marketing in an incredibly fast paced and dynamic industry. The role fills an essential part of the marketing team and allows the successful candidate to work on projects across the company. You will have the opportunity to learn on the job and to truly develop in your role.
About the role:
We are looking for someone who is driven, energetic and eager to learn. You will be joining the Marketing team at a very exciting time so this role is perfect for a motivated individual who is passionate about a future in marketing and who really wants to get stuck in!
- Experience of using digital, social, direct and offline marketing channels
- Experience of running multiple campaigns and effectively managing your time to deliver against objectives
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and adapt to change when required
- Analytical skills to understand the ROI delivered from marketing activities and confidence in reporting back on these findings
- Excellent attention to detail; taking pride in delivering work to your best ability, on time, every time
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Skilled at building relationships with major stakeholders across the business
- Happy to work on own and in a team, with a 'can do' work ethic
Examples of your day-to-day activities:
- Work closely with the Marketing team to make sure projects and campaigns are completed accurately, on time and within budget across all marketing channels
- Help with the research and initial drafting of marketing communications across multiple channels, liaising with the relevant internal teams where necessary
- To monitor and advise on social media activities for the Travel Places brands, creating posts and campaigns where necessary
- To deal with external suppliers to ensure delivery of marketing materials on time and on budget
- To produce regular internal reports around set Marketing KPIs, highlighting recommendations for future activities and online optimisation
We are looking for a super smart, passionate individual who is happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in in a seriously exciting industry. A degree or relevant qualification in marketing alongside an interest in sport and travel is a plus point.