17 Day Supporters
Sunday 1 April until Tuesday 17 April 2018
Tour Code: CWG18GS17
Sunday 1 April
Depart London Heathrow for your morning flight to Brisbane via Singapore International Airport.
Monday 2 April Easter Monday
We arrive Sydney International Airport and after clearing passport control and customs, will transfer for our domestic flight to Brisbane. You will be met by our local representative and we will transfer by air conditioned coach to Gold Coast (1hour 15mins) to your chosen accommodation for the next 14 nights.
Tuesday 3 April
Free day to explore the Gold Coast.
Wednesday 4 April
The time has finally arrived and this evening is the Official Opening Ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games at the Carrara Stadium (Event tickets subject to availability at time of booking). Witness one of the greatest shows on earth as we welcome our Athletics into the stadium.
Thursday 5 April – Sunday 15 April
Let the competition begin! Over the next 10 days, the best place to be is on the Gold Coast. Witness over 6,600 athletes and team officials from 70 Commonwealth nations and territories compete over 18 different sports and 7 para-sports to be crowned the Commonwealth Games champion Gold, Silver & Bronze medal winners.
- Athletics – Carrara Stadium (8-14 April)
- Badminton – Carrara Sports and Leisure Centre (5-15 April)
- Boxing – Oxenford Studios (5 -14 April)
- Gymnastics – Coomera Indoor Sports Centre (5-13 April)
- Hockey – Gold Coast Hockey Centre, Labrador (5-14 April)
- Netball Preliminaries – Gold Cast Convention Centre (5-12 April)
- Netball Semi Finals & Final – Coomera Indoor Sports Centre (14 & 15 April)
- Squash – Oxenford Studios (5-15 April)
- Swimming & Diving – Gold Coast Aquatic Centre (5-14 April)
- Table Tennis – Oxenford Studios (5-15 April)
*Please see Event Schedule and ticket pricing for more information on each sport:
Sunday 15 April
All good things must come to an end and tonight it’s the Closing Ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games (event tickets are subject to availability and cost, at time of booking). Or you may choose to join the many thousands of people who will witness the ceremony from the local hospitality areas around the Broadbeach & Gold Coast area.
Monday 16 April
Following a late afternoon check out from your accommodation, you will board our coach and make our way to Brisbane International Airport for our night flight to the UK via Singapore.
Tuesday 17 April
Arrive London Heathrow Airport
Crown Plaza Hotel
Package Price: (Subject to availability at time of booking)
- Twin/Double Share £ 3,580.00 per person – Single Room £ 5,455.00
The Breakers Apartments 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Double Share £ 3,820.00 per person – Single use £ 5,985.00
The Breakers Apartments 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Twin/Double Share £ 4,270.00 per person
- Triple share £ 3,380.00 per person
- Quad Share £ 2,930.00 per person
The Breakers Cabanas & The Breakers Penthouse (Prices on request)
The Blue Water 2 bedroom Apartments
- Twin/Double Share £ 3,620.00 per person
- Triple Share £ 2,800.00 per person
- Quad Share £ 2,640.00 per person
The Bayview Bay 2 bedroom Apartments
- Twin/Double Share £ 3,035.00 per person,
- Triple Share £ 2,570.00 per person
- Quad Share £ 2,350.00 per person
(* Subject to availability at time of booking)
- International Economy Class Flights from London Heathrow
- All Airport Taxes
- Return Airport transfer Brisbane Airport/Broadbeach/Brisbane Airport
- 14 Nights’ Accommodation
- Service of the Travel Places Tour Managers throughout the Tour.
- Service of Travel Places 24 hour emergency help line.
Not Included in Tour Cost:
- Flight upgrades to Premier Economy or Business Class (prices on request)
- UK Domestic connecting flights
- Travel Insurance
- Meals and incidentals not listed.
- * Event tickets on request
4 *Crown Plaza Hotel, Broadbeach:
(7 minute walk to the Lawn Bowls venue and 20 minutes to the Gold Coasts Convention Centre)
2 x Accessibility rooms also available – there is a very limited accessible accommodation on the Gold Coast, so an early confirmation from you will assist us with your booking.
The Breakers Apartments, Broadbeach:
(5 minute walk to the Lawn Bowls Venue and 20 minutes to the Gold Coast Convention centre)
The Blue Water Apartment, Broadwater , Southport:
(6 minutes from the Gold Coast Swimming Aquatic and Triathlon, 5 minutes drive to Gold Coast Hockey Centre, 15 minute Oxenford (Boxing, Squash, Table Tennis and Coomera (Gymnastics, Netball) (finals).
(10 minutes from the Gold Coast Aquatic Centre and Triathlon course, 8 minutes drive to Gold Coast Hockey Centre, 15 minute drive to Oxenford (Boxing, Squash, Table Tennis and Coomera (Gymnastics, Netball) (finals).
Bespoke packages (Design your Own):
We understand that some of you may wish to visit family and friends, tour other exciting places in Australia or maybe have a stop-over or extend your stay. If you would like to design your own package, then please contact one of our team on 01903 259133. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you with tailor-making a package to match your requirements.
Extended Stay options:
We will also be offering a number of extended stay and stop over options pre/post Commonwealth Games - please visit our extended stay options page to find out more.
Please Note: Direct flight availability on Monday 16 April 2018 will be very limited as the majority of teams will be travelling home on that date.
How to book:
To make a booking, please contact Steve Watson – 01903 259133 or email email@example.com. with the following information:
- Tour Reference: CWG18GS17
- Full postal address and contact details
- Full Names of Passengers as per passport:
- Accommodation choice
- Event tickets required
Once we have received your booking, you will be sent a confirmation invoice and will be required to pay a deposit of £500 per person within 14 days of receiving the invoice to secure your booking with final balance due by 7 February 2018.