History in Japan
The rich country is an enigma, magical and in stark contrast to the UK. Destinations such as Tokyo offer unparalleled opportunities to experience life in a megacity, or a day trip to Hiroshima, the world's first city to be attacked by an atomic bomb in World War II, sees a city that symbolises peace and provides a very moving visit for students.
Alternatively, visit the former capital of Kyoto and visit its famous shrines and temples. The area has 17 historic sites including Kiyomizu-dera Temple and Nijo Castle, both of which are World Heritage listed.
- Evening flight from London to Tokyo.
- Morning arrival in Tokyo.
- Half day cultural tour including Calligraphy & Kimono lessons and the Japanese Tea Ceremony.
- Afternoon visit to the Meiji Shrine and Harajuku area.
- Depart Tokyo on a full day excursion to Mount Fuji.
- Transfer to Shuzenji for an overnight stay in a traditional Ryokan.
- Enjoy a hot spring spa and a Japanese dinner.
- Travel to Kyoto. This afternoon visit the Todaiji Temple & Great Budda.
- Depart on a walking tour of Kyoto visiting the Kiyomizu temple, tour of Kiyomizu and view the Miyako Odori dance (held in April only).
- Morning visit to the Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion) before transferring to Hiroshima.
- On arrival in Hiroshima enjoy a half day sightseeing tour, including visits to the Peace Memorial Museum and the A-Bomb Museum.
- Morning sightseeing tour of Miyajima by local train.
- Visit the Itsukushima Shrine and enjoy a walk of Miyajima Island.
- Travel back to Tokyo on the bullet train.
- Return to UK