Hockey in Holland
Hockey is one of the most popular sports in The Netherlands. At just one club alone, 150 children are playing hockey on Sunday mornings and Tuesday evenings as well as at school. There is an abundance of hockey clubs to compete against, all providing top quality astro turf facilities, and due to the number of players representing each club with a large range of abilities, there is certainly no problem in finding opposition that will stretch your team and give them a run for their money.
The Dutch sides are known for being incredibly hospitable. Not only will the supporters come out in full force, but they certainly put on a good spread after the match which often includes becoming familiar with the local Dutch cuisine.
Festivals are also plentiful in the country and teams are
welcomed from Australia, Spain, New Zealand, South Africa, Russia, USA
and many more. Being just a 45mins flight away from London Gatwick
Airport, it's the perfect destination where your team have the
opportunity to compete on an international basis.
Holland has much to offer outside of the astro turf, so inbetween fixtures you can spend your time exploring famous sporting stadiums, learning about history, enjoying day trips to the capital and taking part in some adrenaline pumping activities.
- Take on the extensive and high quality competition which is on offer in Holland
- Explore a country which has hockey in its soul and widely celebrates the sport
- Visit world famous stadiums such as the Philips Stadion, home to PSV Eindhoven, and Amsterdam ArenA, home to Ajax
- Treat yourself at one of the many pancakes houses
- Visit Anne Frank’s house to experience what life was like during the Nazi occupation
- Immerse yourself in the culture, from a canal cruise with cheese tastings, to a wander round the tulip fields
- Whizz around on scooters in the woods and sand dunes of Noordwijk, taking in the beautiful coastal views
- Enjoy a fun-filled day at Duinrell Amusement Park whether it be sliding down the flumes or looping round a rollercoaster
- Incorporate a bit of science to your trip and travel through the human body at the unique CORPUS museum