Our culture is about doing what’s right. It’s defined by how we do things, not just what we say – our approach to doing business, the people we choose to work with and what contribution our company makes to the wider world.
Everything we do stems from our belief that we need to care for the people around us and the planet. And these aren’t just words on a page – we take our responsibilities seriously and have taken the following steps and pledges.
To protect people
We’re committed to protecting the people around us – whether it’s raising funds for charity or looking after the people that make-up the Travel Places family. We’re proud to have:
- Raised over £17,000 for Chestnut Tree House in Sussex – a hospice caring for children and adults from 0-19 with life-limiting and threatening illness.
- Helped Friends of the Elderly provide over 100 Christmas lunches for the elderly and their carers.
- Volunteered for Cricket Without Boundaries (CWB) – a UK cricket development and HIV/AIDS awareness charity.
- Supported charities including Red Nose Day, Children in Need, The Fisantekraal Housing Development Project in Cape Town and The Extra Cover disaster relief programme.
- Created a working environment for our employees so they feel valued, respected and supported in their daily lives and careers.
To protect the planet
We do all we can to help reduce our impact on the environment and our clients’ carbon footprints on the planet. We are committed to the following pledges:
- Selecting suppliers who work towards improving their impact on the environment.
- Using energy efficient lighting, heating and waste disposal in all our offices.
- Reducing wastage and saving resources by recycling, reusing and conserving resources at work and at events.
- Encouraging our staff to cycle, walk and take public transport where possible.
- Offering clients paperless alternatives such as electronic communications and invoicing.
- Continually monitoring and reducing our company emissions.
Life behind the scenes
We talk you through why we love volunteering…read more
Training picks up as the countdown continues for the Chestnut Tree House 10k…read more
Travel Places Running Club have been running together on Monday nights since the beginning of the year…read more
To find out more or make an enquiry with our team