17 Days Lawn Bowls Supporters
Sunday 1 April until Tuesday 17 April 2018
Tour Ref: CWG18LB17
Sunday 1 April
Depart London Heathrow for your morning flight to Brisbane via Doha & Sydney International Airport.
April Easter Monday – We arrive Sydney International Airport and after clearing passport control and customs, you will transfer to the Domestic Terminal for your flight to Brisbane. You will be met by our local representative and we will transfer you by air conditioned coach to the Gold Coast (1hour 15mins) to your chosen accommodation for the next 14 nights.
Tuesday 3 April
Time to relax and explore the Broadbeach local area or join our coach trip to one of the best local attractions, the Australian Zoo - located on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, the zoo is run by a team of passionate conservationists working around-the-clock to deliver an animal experience like no other. Steve and Terri Irwin’s vision has always been to make the zoo the biggest and best wildlife conservation facility in the entire world, and there is no other zoo like it!
Wednesday 4 April
The time has finally arrived and this evening, we will depart for the Official Opening Ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games at the Carrara Stadium (Cat D seats) and witness one of the greatest shows on earth as we welcome our Athletics into the stadium.
Thursday 5 April – Monday 9 April
Let the competition begin! Over the next 5 days, the best Lawn Bowlers in the Commonwealth in Men’s Triples & Pairs, Women’s Singles & Fours and Para B6/B7/B8 Triples will compete to become the Commonwealth Champions, and you will have tickets to every session to witness the drama as it unfolds.
Sunday 8 April
- 09:00 – 15:45 – Men’s Triples Gold and Bronze Medal Matches
- 17:30 – 20:30 – Women’s Singles Gold and Bronze Medal Matches
Monday 9 April
- 09:00 – 15:30 – Men’s Pairs Gold and Bronze Medal Matches
- Women’s Fours Gold and Bronze Medal Matches
Monday 9 April - Friday 13 April
After the excitement of the first week, we now move into the Men’s Singles & Fours, Women’s Triples and Pairs and Para B2/B3 Pairs competition.
Wednesday 11 April
- 16:00 – 21:45 – Para B2/B3 Pairs Gold and Bronze Medal Matches
Thursday 12 April
- 09:00 – 15:45 – Para B6/B7/B8 Triples Gold and Bronze Medal Matches
- 17:30 – 20:30 – Women’s Triples Gold and Bronze Medal Matches
Friday 13 April
- 09:00 – 15:45 – Men’s Fours Gold and Bronze Medal Matches
- Women’s Pairs Gold and Bronze Medal Matches.
- 17:30 – 20:30 Men’s Singles Gold and Bronze Medal Matches.
Saturday 14 April
After a busy 9 days of Lawn Bowls, time to relax and celebrate the achievements of our Lawn Bowlers, maybe take in another sporting event or relax and explore the Gold Coast.
Sunday 15 April
All good things must come to an end and tonight it’s the Closing Ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games (event tickets are subject to availability and cost, at time of booking). Or you may choose to join the many thousands of people who will witness the ceremony from the local hospitality areas around the Broadbeach area.
Monday 16 April
Late afternoon, we will board our coach and make our way to Brisbane International Airport for our night flight to the UK.
Tuesday 17 April
Arrive London Heathrow Airport
Package Price: (Subject to availability at time of booking).Crown Plaza Hotel
- Twin/Double Share £ 4,015.00 per person – Single Room £ 5,840.00
- Double Share £ 4,260.00 per person – Single use £ 6,425.00
- Twin/Double Share £ 4,655.00 per person
Triple share £ 3,760.00 per person
Quad Share £ 3,315.00 per person
The Breakers Cabanas & The Breakers Penthouse (prices on request)
- International Economy Class Flights from London Heathrow
- All Airport Taxes
- Return Airport transfer Brisbane Airport/Broadbeach/Brisbane Airport
- 14 Nights’ Accommodation
- Commonwealth Games 2018 Opening Ceremony (Cat D) Officially Tickets (* Subject to availability at time of booking)
- Commonwealth Games 2018, Lawn Bowls Tickets (18 Sessions including Finals) (* Subject to availability at time of booking)
- Souvenir Commonwealth Games 2018 Merchandise
- Service of the Travel Places Tour Managers throughout the Tour
- Service of Travel Places 24 hour emergency help line
- Flight upgrades to Premier Economy or Business Class (Prices on request)
- UK Domestic connecting flights
- Travel Insurance
- Meals and incidentals not listed
- Optional Day tour to the Australian Zoo
- Optional other event tickets not listed (* Subject to availability at time of booking)
- Optional Closing Ceremony tickets (* Subject to availability at time of booking)
4 *Crown Plaza Hotel, Broadbeach:
(7 minute walk to the Lawn Bowls venue and 20 minutes to the Gold Coast Convention Centre)
The Breakers Apartments, Broadbeach: (subject to availability at time of booking)
(5 minute walk to the Lawn Bowls venue and 20 minutes to the Gold Coast Convention centre)
- One Bedroom: (sleeps 1 or 2 people)
- Two Bedrooms: (Sleeps 2 to 4 people)
- Beachfront Cabanas: (Sleeps 2 to 6 people)
- Penthouse Hinterland: (Sleeps Maximum 8 people)
Bespoke packages (Design your Own):
We understand that some of you may wish to visit family and friends, tour other exciting places in Australia or maybe have a stop-over or extend your stay. If you would like to design your own package, then please contact one of our team on 01903 259133. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you with tailor-making a package to match your requirements.
Extended Stay options:
We will also be offering a number of extended stay and stop over options pre/post Commonwealth Games - please visit our extended stay options page to find out more.
Please Note: Direct flight availability on Monday 16 April 2018 will be very limited as the majority of teams will be travelling home on that date.
How to book:
To make a booking, please contact Steve Watson – 01903 259133 or email email@example.com. with the following information:
- Tour Reference: CWG18LB17
- Full postal address and contact details
- Full Names of Passengers as per passport:
- Accommodation choice
- Event tickets required
Once we have received your booking, you will be sent a confirmation invoice and will be required to pay a deposit of £500 per person within 14 days of receiving the invoice to secure your booking with final balance due by 7 February 2018.