Travel Places is committed to sound governance practices and responsible corporate behaviours, both of which are paramount to our success as a customer focused business. We earn our clients trust by providing outstanding service and committing to always do the right thing.
This policy has been created to provide a framework and guidance on our approach to achieving and maintaining good business behaviour by means of sound ethical conduct. It serves to ensure that all employees are aware of their individual and collective responsibilities with regards to the company’s ethics, and to emphasise our employee and customers, expectations to being treated fairly and in accordance with good business practices. All Travel Places employees are responsible for reading this document in its entirety and for ensuring that they comply with all the policy requirements as stated within this document.
The purpose of this ethics policy is to maintain a culture of openness, trust and integrity in our business practices. Effective ethics is a ‘team effort’ involving the participation and support of all staff.
Travel Places is committed to protecting employees, business partners and suppliers from illegal or damaging actions by individuals, either knowingly, or unknowingly. As a global travel management company servicing clients in many countries, we understand the importance of developing and fostering diversity across all aspects of our business.
Travel Places will not tolerate any wrongdoing or impropriety at any time. We will take the appropriate measures and act quickly where the ethical code is broken.
This policy applies to all employees, contractors and consultants of Travel Places and sits alongside our Employee Handbook and the Anti-Bribery Policy.
Directors commitment to Ethics:
- to foster a culture where honesty and Integrity, one of the company’s core values, is achieved throughout;
- to lead by example and understand that in all business practices honesty and integrity are of upmost importance;
- to welcome suggestions and feedback from all employees. Having an open-door policy creates an environment with an embedded culture of involvement and empowerment of people.
Employees commitment to Ethics:
- to disclose any conflicts of interest regarding their position with the company;
- to work within guidelines laid out by management and will conduct themselves in a professional manner and in line with the values of the company which includes honesty and integrity;
- to recognise the main function of the company is at all times to serve the best interests of its current and future clients, and to do this with dignity and respect.
- to treat everyone fairly and with respect and consideration regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins and caste), identity, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, neurodiversity, nationality or union affiliation;
- to demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, truthfulness and honesty in all activities in order to inspire confidence and trust both internally and externally.
The Company’s commitment to Ethics:
- to hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of all employees and the public in the performance of our professional duties;
- to collaborate with our supplier partners in carrying out our vision and mission in line with our core values and the Company’s ethics policy;
- to build a professional reputation based on our services, skills and capabilities;
- to not engage in any business practice or process or with any entity, including potential customers, that does not comply with the company’s ethics policy;
- to have zero-tolerance to modern slavery including but not limited to human trafficking, sexual exploitation in all forms, slavery or forced labour, domestic servitude and forced child labour in a work environment and be committed to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chain;
- to ensure all staff have a safe working environment and complies with all legislation in regards to employment, hours of work and pay including paying above minimal wage allowances.
All Travel Places employees will be introduced to the ethical stance and values of the organisation during their induction process.
Enforcement and Review
Should an employee be in any doubt about a relevant course of action, require clarification on this policy or want to report a potential breach of Travel Places ethical code of conduct, they are required to report directly to their manager or HR. The issue will then be dealt with as efficiently as possible and in a timely fashion.